I know, I know, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on this blog, and for some time I’ve been feeling like I might even just let it fade away, since I’ve been spending more time on my future publication, The Encyclopedia of Ozark Folk Medicine, which I’m hoping to be able to publish next year. But, that said, I’ve done some re-organizing and condensing on the blog, tumblr, and website, all of which you should check out. Here’s what’s been happening:
- The old entries from the Folk Magic 365 days are no longer on the blog or tumblr, but! you can still find them on this handy dandy new Ozark Articles page on the website. They are now organized by subject rather than the random sort of smattering I had them in when I was writing an entry every day.
- The Encyclopedia of Ozark Folk Medicine will no longer be updated on the blog, but you can still find sample entries here on wordpress or on the website. I’m currently working on publishing the book, so these entries are just a glimpse at what the final work will contain.
- As I’ve been doing more and more workshops, I’ve added a “Workshop Resources” page to the website. It’s great for those interested in Ozark folkways but who haven’t been able to attend the workshops I offer.
- Along those same lines, I’ve also updated the “Spiritual Healing” and “Yarb Work” pages on the website to include many of the new services I offer.
- I’m starting a new series of posts (which is the main reason for all the changes) which I’m hoping to begin either today or tomorrow, focusing on Spiritism as it relates to Ozark folklore and folkways.
I’m excited for the changes and I hope you are as well.